Injections for Pain Management in Denville, NJ
Therapeutic Injections: Targeted Treatment for Severe, Chronic and Acute Pain
The best way to treat pain is at the source. Therapeutic injections do just that. Introduced directly to the affected joint, vertebrae, or muscle, therapeutic injections result in fast, comprehensive and lasting pain relief. Simple injections can even be used to gently manipulate nerves, diminishing their ability to transmit pain signals to the brain.
Shortly after treatment, patients begin enjoying weeks of relief for everything from shooting pain in their fingers to aching hips. Equally as exciting, all of these procedures take very little time, an hour on average, and are done right in our office on an outpatient basis with minimal discomfort or disruption to your routine.
Types of Pain Injections
- Targeted facet joint injections can eliminate several ailments in one treatment. Pain from these tiny joints can even radiate to the legs, arms and head making life difficult. Degenerative disorders, neck pain and restricted movement can also be addressed by treating these joints around the vertebra.
- Added pressure from inflamed tissue or vertebra on nerves in the spinal column causes ongoing and severe pain. In this situation, doctors may choose to administer an epidural steroid injection, bathing the agitated nerve, lessening pressure and pain. The epidural procedure also effectively flushes out the area, removing inflammatory proteins and chemicals, slowing chances of relapse.
- A carefully formulated mix of corticosteroid, paired with anesthetic and lubricant reduces inflammation, lessens pain and improves ease and range of mobility in joints. This can be applied to nearly any joint and is especially effective in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, gout, and even carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Pain and numbness in the extremities often emanates from nerve irritation in the spine. And that's where the pain should be treated. Once the appropriate nerve pathway is identified, a simple injection can block the nerves from sending pain signals to the brain. Painful conditions that can benefit from nerve block injections include chronic headaches, peripheral vascular disease, stenosis, shingles, traumatic injury, neuralgia and chronic pancreatitis.
- We often feel knots in our back or neck when a muscle won't relax or waste has built up. If untreated, these spots only get worse and can damage the nerves around them, sending pain to other areas of the body. Trigger point injections can instantly relieve all pain associated with pesky points. This treatment can also be effective for those suffering from fibromyalgia.
Request More Pain Injection Information Today
While you'll experience liberating relief for weeks with injection treatments, they are also helpful in finding the long-term pain solution.
To discuss how therapeutic injections can free you of pain and improve your long-term outlook, please call (973) 309-7443 or contact Denville Medical and Sports Rehabilitation online.
Denville Medical and Sports Rehabilitation
Address161 East Main Street
Denville, NJ 07834
09:00AM - 08:00PM
Tue: 09:00AM - 08:00PM
Wed: 09:00AM - 08:00PM
Thu: 09:00AM - 08:00PM
Fri: 09:00AM - 08:00PM
Sat: 09:00AM - 01:00PM