Pregnancy Massage Therapy in Acworth, GA
Many pregnant women find massage therapy enormously beneficial to their health, and relieving to the various ailments they endure in pregnancy, which are caused by the pregnancy. However, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider - your physician , OB/GYN, or midwife - before engaging in massage therapy while pregnant.
If you are considered a high-risk pregnancy , you should be forthcoming with that information to your massage therapist. A good massage therapist will ask you for a signed release form including these two data points:
- Approval from your healthcare provider
- A list of recommended massage therapy procedure precautions and limitations
What Are the Benefits of Massage Therapy During Your Pregnancy?
Some of the other potential benefits of pregnancy massage therapy include:
- Headache and migraine relief: For some women, Tylenol doesn't relieve their headache pain, and it's the only pain relief approved by most doctors. Massage therapy relieves the tightened neck muscles that can trigger headaches.
- Lower blood pressure: The stress reduction and relaxation created by the massage can lower blood pressure, which is key to women with pre-eclampsia.
- Edema relief: Swollen feet, ankles and lower legs are common in pregnant women. Massage therapy increases the blood and lymph circulation, which helps improve the edema, varicose veins and leg cramps.
- Better sleep: The stress reduction promoted by massage therapy results in a more restful slumber for pregnant women.
- Back and joint pain relief: Women who don't have strong core muscles, women over age 35, and women who are obese or carrying multiple fetuses will experience neck, back and joint pain caused by poor posture, muscle weakness, imbalanced weight, or extra weight.
- Muscle spasms and cramping relief: Many women experience leg cramps during pregnancy, and the improved circulation from massage therapy helps minimize those ailments.
- Deeper breathing: The added weight of pregnancy often results in shallow breathing, and massage therapy encourages deeper, easier breathing. For women with asthma or lung problems, this is especially helpful.
Who Should Avoid Pregnancy Massage Therapy?
You should side-step pregnancy massage therapy if your pregnancy has the following characteristics:
- Nausea, vomiting, or morning sickness
- A high risk of miscarriage
- A high-risk pregnancy with issues like placental abruption or preterm labor
You can request more information about pregnancy massage therapy today by calling (770) 674-6311 or contact Natural Medical Solutions Wellness Center online.
Natural Medical Solutions Wellness Center
Address1130 Upper Hembree Rd.
Roswell, GA 30076
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Areas We Service:Jacksonville, FL, Macon, GA, Savannah, GA, Canton, GA, Woodstock, GA, Acworth, GA, Austell, GA, Marietta, GA, Powder Springs, GA, Smyrna, GA, Cumming, GA, Alpharetta, GA, Atlanta, GA, Duluth, GA, Norcross, GA, Suwanee, GA, Gainesville, GA, Dallas, GA, Jasper, GA, Cobb, GA